Join us for our 8th Annual Cultural Cuisine Celebration and Forging Farmers Fundraiser
at the Verdi Club in San Francisco
on Thursday, November 15th at 6:00pm.
Come support existing and new leaders advancing resilient food systems and celebrate the accomplishments of MESA’s 2012 team of global farm Stewards! Enjoy an irresistible multi-cultural feast sourced from local farms and vendors and featuring the cuisines of Sri Lanka, Thailand, the Republic of Georgia, Peru, Ecuador and Mexico.
- Keynote Speaker – Eric Holt-Gimínez, Author and Executive Director of Food First.
- 2nd Annual Forging Farmers Awards
- Inspired Steward presentations on farmer-to-farmer exchange and innovative community projects;
- Live Salsa music from San Francisco’s own Orquesta Son de Caña;
- Silent Auction showcasing sustainable farms tours and winery tastings, eco-friendly spa get-aways, farm-to-fork dinners at local restaurants, locally crafted artwork and much more!
Advance ticket sales are available for discount purchase before October 15th.
Can’t attend but want to contribute? We’ll miss your presence but welcome your donation!
We gratefully acknowledge our generous Stewardship Sustainers and Event Sponsors:
- Wells Fargo Green Team
- Frey VIneyards
- Natural Grocery Company
- Mechanics Bank Community Partners
- Farneth-Rintoul Family
- Full Circle Fund
Big thanks to our in-kind Silent Auction and Event donors:
East Bay Nursery,
Farm Fresh to You,
Gather Restaurant and Lindencroft Farm,
St. George Spirits,
Harbin Hot Springs,
Imperial Tea Court,
La Cocina SF,
Love at first Bite Cupcake,
Marin Sailing School,
Occidental Arts & Ecology Center,
Paula Hawthorne Quilts,
ZahZoom Weddings and Parties.
Many thanks for our fabulous in-kind Food donors:
Berkeley Bowl Marketplace,
Clover Stornetta Organic Farms,
Devil’s Gulch Ranch,
Friend In Cheeses Jam Co.,
Lundberg Family Farm,
Natural Grocery Company,
Rainbow Grocery Cooperative,
Straus Family Creamery,
Whole Foods Market Berkeley.